Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Doomed

So I asked a few people about what category to race this past Sunday at the Yankee TT. Most said Sport Women on my geared bike. But I don't want to ride my geared bike. Like, not even a little. Ever. I want to ride my SS even if it means losing. People couldn’t understand why I would want to ride in a race I surely wouldn't win. It is a little like entering into a doomed relationship. "Why would you do that to yourself?” Eric said. "Ride your geared bike and kick ass in Women Sport!"

But I talked to one who understood my heart. He’s the one I listened to. He couldn’t have been more right if he were God himself. "SS Beginner/Sport," he said.

So I did.

I have found true love.
I’d be stupid to go back now. Thanks Puppy.

To answer the question as to why I have set myself up for failure when I could excell in another class? I am learning it isn't always about winning, although I love that taste as well. It's about how I am going to ride from beginning to end, and because...


I am a Bad Ass ;)

4 comments:

MIKEWOODS!! said...

Ride that thing in your age category! you'll probably do well, and you'll be a total bad ass for racing SS with all those geared bikes!

Neil said...

If you rode that thing in your age category, you would have won by over 3 minutes.

Jeff said...

Never under estimate the ability of a doomed relationship to make some REALLY great memories!

Jeffro

singletrack mind said...

You are talking my language Jeffro!