Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Perfect Birthdays

Monday, August 04, 2008
you really can have perfect birthdays!
i never would have guessed that i would start my 39th birthday running along side the sunrise. how things have changed! i'm listening to the birds and squirrels at 5:30 in the morning reflecting on my life while running down the road, anticipating the day ahead, with a wanting in my heart, a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes like every year on my birthday since 1988. this year its different. this year it's perfect. the way lumps and tears were intended to be, symptomatic of awe and wonder and relief to know that life is worth living, not inspite of all the pain but because of it. 37 some odd miles later on the north country trail this is even truer than it was at 5:30 am. if that wasn't an act of worship than nothing is. for lack of vocabulary lets just say it was beautiful. we saw snakes, deer, and a red dragon fly. i learned that cold running creeks are great for putting out forest fires. in your shorts! driving home from my birthday dinner i was passed on the road by an impatient truck. on the back window was this, "delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." i'm going to keep delighting. i can't wait to see what happens next. thanks again to my new friend dave. aka double D. you were the icing on the cake. having you there made my birthday that much sweeter. it wouldn't have been the same without you. i just wish i would have taken pictures. i don't ever want to forget this birthday.

No comments: