Thursday, June 25, 2009

Unconditional

I was talking to someone not to long ago about how messed up I am. That's not to say that there haven't been improvements. Much has changed with me, but there are still grosser emotional handicaps I guess you could call them, that no matter how hard I try to change them, they still remain. This person told me that much of my neurotic crap would just melt away if I was smothered in unconditional love. I thought they might be on to something. After a phone conversation with this same person today, I was meditating on this concept of unconditional love when I realized that God is the only one who could possibly be capable of loving me unconditionally, and I am good with that. I really am, but sometimes...I just want God to have skin.

1 comment:

corticoWhat said...

He did....or so I'm told.