Wednesday, March 18, 2009

No Cure

Yesterday marked my third trip around Yankee with Jack. We get along just fine and I am happy to report rapid improvement in our relationship. We made it 2/3's up that matted hill around the 10 mile mark this time. I was talking to Brian about said hill the other day while I was at the shop looking for a new seat post. He told me that the training I am receiving on a fully rigid SS will only enhance my abilities on a geared bike. He said I will be amazed. My heart sank a little bit when he said that. I mean, there is no rule saying I have to go back,right? I told him I couldn't imagine it. I'm already thinking about how I want go about unloading my geared bike. It looks pathetic sitting in the trainer.

We talked a bit about my cadence on the road ride Saturday. A few things need to be dialed in on the bike, but he said the sure cure for cadence is to flip my hub. Maybe by the end of summer I will be a true "Bad Ass", but for now I am just going to enjoy getting to know my bike. It's funny, because although he isn't new ('99 ?)and he has many scars, he sure draws attention out there.

I am not used to that.


Ladies and Gentleman the diagnosis is official, and there is no cure. The disease is chronic and progressive. I have Single Speed Syndrome. Please don't try and help me. I am going to wallow in this as long as I possibly can.

No comments: