Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dependence

I kneel in heart at the foot of you,
head bowed toward the earth.
You beg me “Look up!”
Your silhouette
as the sun detonates
in its worship,
my eyes cannot comprehend
the austerity,
the vastness of you.
Yet you beckon me
to abandon my will.
A recklessness
annihilating my sufficiency.
Claiming my gaze upon you.
Taking my brokenness,
you poor it upon yourself;
the hill I climb.
This ache
crescendos in all
my being as
I offer it to you,
my feeble sacrifice.
I stand at the peak
empty and bare.
Your hand of Mercy
bends my knee once more
and again
I kneel in heart at the foot of you.

1 comment:

singletrack mind said...

This poem is about the physical,spiritual and emotional process that happens when I climb the double at Cannonsburg Ski Area.

Eric inspite of what you think, you do have the "gears" for this.